Each school in NSW offers something slightly different depending on the community. Here's what we offer for you.
All canteens in NSW public schools must meet certain requirements. These include providing more healthy food and drink options – to make the healthy choice an easy choice for students. Visit Healthy school canteens to learn more.
We ask that students order for recess and lunch before school starts at 9.00am.
Ordering has now been made even easier since the launch of Flexischools Online Ordering. You can go to www.flexischools.com.au on your computer or use the App on your phone. There are a range of payment options including Visa, Mastercard, Paypal or direct deposit, making the ordering process quick and easy.
- All food allergies and dietary requirements can be met for every student in our canteen.
- Please pre order recess and lunch to make sure all allergy and dietary requirements are met.
- As all our food sells pretty quickly we would recommend as many of you as possible order for recess and lunch.
- We pride ourselves on our healthy food canteen.
Healthy School Canteens Strategy
School canteens have an important role to play in providing healthy food and drink choices for students.
A healthy school canteen supports a 'whole-of-school' approach to student health and well-being and reinforces healthy eating messages that have been taught.
The NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy supports a culture of healthy eating in school by:
- promoting and increasing student access to healthier foods and drinks
- decreasing student access to less healthy food and drinks
- supporting water and milk as a drink of choice
- making a healthy choice an easy choice.
School canteens will promote freshly-made foods and only stock packaged goods that have a minimum 3.5 star Health Star Rating.
Under the Healthy School Canteens Strategy:
- fruits, vegetables, sandwiches, salads, pasta, and homemade hot food make up at least 75 per cent of the menu
- occasional foods, which will make up the remaining 25 per cent, will need to have a Health Star Rating of 3.5 stars or higher.
- pies, sausage rolls and pizzas that are above the 3.5 star rating can be available at all times.
The new strategy stipulates that food sold in school canteens is healthy for students.
If you have any questions or if we can be of assistance, please feel free to contact our canteen ladies Carolyn, Debbie or Kristy on 4868 1883 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When students wear a school uniform, they feel included in our school community.
Students, teachers, parents and carers, as well as members of our local community helped develop our school uniform to make sure it:
meets the requirements of occupational health and safety, anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation
includes items that are affordable, comfortable and made from easy-care and easy-wear fabrics
is appropriate for the full range of school activities
is suitable for all body shapes.
Learn more about the NSW Department of Education’s School Uniform Policy.
MVHS Uniform Shop
Our Uniform Shop is open for fittings and purchases on Mondays 8am - 10am, Tuesday 1pm - 4pm and also on Thursday 8am - 10am. Mastercard and Visa accepted, EFTPOS and online purchasing available.
Hiring our facilities
You may apply to use our school’s facilities for appropriate purposes provided your hiring of the facility doesn't interfere with our teaching and learning programs.
We assess each application on a case-by-case basis. Find out more at Using school facilities.
If you’re interested in hiring our facilities, contact us for details.